Tuesday, September 22, 2009

pumpkin soup

I made this soup, and it was sooooo good. Definitely a keeper:
Ingredients:
3 cups of cubed fresh pumpkin
6 cups of chicken stock (I used chicken broth)
1t fresh thyme (I used about a 1/4 or a 1/2 teapoon of dried thyme)
2 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper
1 cup of heavy cream
Place all of the ingredients (except heavy cream) in a big pot and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Transfer soup to vita mix and blend. Transfer back to pot (I did crock pot because I had to leave for a bit) and then cook for another 30 minutes (I did crockpot on low for about 1.5 hours). The last step is to add the cream.
If you can find a substitue for the cream, great. Maybe milk would work? I used the cream, and it was very very good soup!!! I made some fermented bread to serve with it. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment