Sunday, March 13, 2011

Perler Beads




Last week I ordered some beads for my daughter because she wanted to make some friendship necklaces. I just thought I was ordering a bucket of beads, but what I got was so much cooler! My kids have been playing with these Perler Beads all week. My 4 (almost 5) year old especially loves them. What you do is your place the beads on a peg board, and make your own design. Then when the design is ready, I iron over it for a few seconds (to fuse the beads all together) and presto, they have a cute little plastic design that they made all by themselves. My son made a peace sign to begin with, and after I fused it together, he was SO happy. He carried it around the rest of the evening.
My 6 year old is very careful with her designs, and it can occupy her for hours.

What a great craft! I bought it at Amazon for $10.85 They also sell them at Walmart and Ikea.

No comments:

Post a Comment